An ambitious digital marketing agency based in Cornwall and Marlow are looking to add an energetic and passionate Graduate Website Developer to the growing team, based in our St. Ives office.
An exciting opportunity for a recent Graduate Website Developer looking for their first opportunity into the creative media industry, by joining an ambitious digital marketing agency.
A structured training and growth path will be in place to ensure the successful candidate has everything they need to succeed, both from a technical standpoint, as well as an understanding of wider agency operations.
We understand this is a Graduate role, however given the nature of the work, previous knowledge and experiences of web development at either an internship level or through personal projects (big or small) is essential.
Links/portfolio and GitHub with examples of these projects is a requirement of this application.
Working collaboratively and alongside our Lead Developer, a positive can-do attitude is a must, with a willingness to learn each and every day from the team around them.
The successful candidate will be joining a fast-paced and dynamic agency, expected to work collaboratively alongside the wider internal team of Developers, Designers and Account Execs/Managers, ensuring the end product we deliver to our client’s is on time, within budget and of the highest quality. Key tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Website Development - delivering a high-quality end product to our clients
- Ensuring technical standards are met for optimal website site speed and functionality
- Driving tech and processes - if there are new technologies and processes which will improve our efficiencies and output, we want to hear about them
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting our Lead Developer with all website related requirements - ranging from small ad hoc tasks/website updates, to supporting on new build projects
- Browser testing and debugging
- Managing the website launch process - inc. pre and post-live checklists to ensure smooth domain migration, backing up of existing website, URL redirects, etc.
- Supporting the SEO team in working through technical SEO optimisations to increase our client’s rank and visibility on Google
- Taking ownership and managing the websites that sit on our monthly website hosting/maintenance packages - tasks include, but are not limited to: security/encryption, management of APIs/data handlers, CMS compression, CMS quota/limit etc).
- A genuine interest in Website Development
- Proficient understanding of responsive mobile-first web development
- Proficient understanding of WordPress CMS
- Excellent eye for detail
- Ability to take ownership of projects - taking a flat Design to a pixel perfect, responsive website
- The ability to prioritise tasks (across multiple projects) and manage your own time
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines - pro-active, punctual and well-organised
- Willingness to go the extra mile to ensure the work we deliver is of the highest quality
- Passionate and enthusiastic. Confident in nature
- A people person - a cultural fit, with an honest personality is everything!
- Demonstrable experience as a front-end Developer
- Experience with web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience of working with version control such as GitHub or GitLab
- Proficient understanding of E-commerce platforms (WooCommerce, Shopify, OpenCart, Magento, etc.)
- Experience with CMS systems such as Storyblok, Contentful, Magento, Demandware and Joomla
- Experience of working with Gatsby, Next, Vue, Laravel
- Understanding of back-end environments
A typical day in the life of the successful candidate would include, but not be limited to; supporting the Lead Developer with responsive front-end and back-end development; working collaboratively with our Lead Developer, Designer and Studio Coordinator; working through website hosting/maintenance checklists; ah hoc website updates; reporting into management to improve tech, processes and efficiencies.