This role is suitable for a person holding a degree or higher in Geology, Geotechnics or Environmental Science (or a similar subject). Experience is ideal, however, graduate applications are welcome, and full training will be given.
The work will typically involve carrying out site investigations in one of three areas of expertise, including ground contamination, ground stability or ground strength.
In addition, the right candidate will help us with R&D to explore an expansion of the business into new areas, including the monitoring of agricultural soils, and the re-use of waste in agricultural applications.
As a small consultancy, the right candidate will have the opportunity to get involved at every stage of the site investigation process, from the initial enquiry, quotation, desk-top study, on-site investigation and testing, interpretive reporting and remedial methodology.
The role will involve working under the direct supervision of a senior geo-environmental engineer, and will involve the supervision of soil technicians and external contractors, including drillers, laboratories and other organisations as required.
You will be given the opportunity to build new client relationships as part of your role.
Previous experience of site investigation, report writing, or on-site testing would be a significant advantage.
Part of our work is site based, and as such you will be required to travel to sites across the south west, and occasionally elsewhere in the UK.
- Degree level qualification in a ground engineering or contamination based subject
- Good project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent arithmetic skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Full, clean driving license - due to the travel requirements of the role
Desirable Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience of site investigation
- Holder of a CSCS Card
- Confidence in liaising with colleagues and clients
- Experience of working on pre-construction and construction sites
- Good knowledge of BS5930, Eurocode 7, CLEA, Part 2A Environmental Protection Act and BS1377
We offer excellent opportunities for professional development through a rewarding working environment in a rapidly expanding business.