It is an exciting time to join the company; we are a family run business going through a period of development.
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic Designer to join our expanding team. Working alongside our Senior Designer, the role will involve liaising with clients and our skilled craftsman to coordinate the full design, manufacture and installation of projects. With opportunities to oversee the process from start to finish, you will have excellent communication skills, a can-do attitude and a conscientious and creative approach.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking to grow with the business. You will be someone with a strong desire to succeed and develop within the company, and who is able to adapt to the requirements of the role while ensuring that all designs are completed to a first-class standard.
The successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrable experience generating detailed and accurate approval and production drawings to the highest standards
- First rate AutoCAD skills and be experienced with Adobe
- A strong understanding of furniture production methods and materials
- Excellent written and communication skills (able to accurately convey concepts and designs to our clients and crafts people)
- Excellent time management & organisational skills, with the ability to provide a fast turnaround from initial concept to design solution
- Willingness to learn and research a vast range of appliances and products to compliment designs
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
- A degree in Furniture Design / Architecture or similar is advantageous, but not essential.
- Experience of site surveying also advantageous. As the role will involve travel a driving licence and access to transport is preferred.