About the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, organised and creative candidate who is looking to develop their experience in fundraising. The role covers many aspects of fundraising, including grant management, research, event support and income generation activities.
You will provide support to the fundraising manager across fundraising streams including trusts and foundations, corporates, major donors and events.
The right candidate will be keen to work across and gain experience in all aspects of the fundraising team’s work. This is very much a hands-on role, requiring a flexible approach, a positive outlook and the ability to work transparently and collaboratively.
The role is for 16 hours per week, ideally working over 3 days.
Some of the things we are looking for in our ideal candidate:
- You will have strong written and spoken English, with excellent communication skills and competent IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office software and using the internet for research.
- You will be creative with the ability to develop high quality written materials.
- Excellent administration skills including proven experience of using databases.
- You will need to be a highly experienced and first-rate communicator (both orally and in writing) and you’ll have the ability to multitask, prioritise workload, to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Above all you will embrace our values with passion and love working as part of the growing Sea Sanctuary team.
As a contractor Sea Sanctuary carry out regular staff supervisions, and develop a personal staff wellbeing programme.