Food for Change Mentor
Cornwall Food Foundation
Charities and Social Enterprise, Health & Social Care
Truro and/or St Austell area
£23,500 pro rata
Hours of work
Hours: 37.5 hours a week or two part-time posts also considered.
Our community based programme, Food for Change supports people out of work to grow, cook and trade food in their community - to learn new skills, gain confidence and access inspiring employment opportunities.
The mentor will provide end to end support, working with individuals to explore needs, strengths, experiences and future goals to inform which activities and interventions are best suited to supporting the individual in achieving their specific outcomes.
Key duties include:
- Skilfully exploring social and employment history to ensure individual support needs are identified, documented, risk assessed
- Working together to prepare an individualised outcome-focused action plan
- Motivating and empowering individuals to overcome barriers, in order to develop and progress towards the achievement of identified goals
- Coordinating an individuals’ journey through liaising with activity providers, mentoring them effectively through their journey
- Regularly reviewing participant progress and action plans
The Cornwall Food Foundation uses food to inspire people to make positive change in their lives and empower them to unlock their future potential. We do this through engaging training, interactive community food projects and inspiring employment opportunities.
Other Application Details
Fixed term contract for 12 months based in Truro and/or St Austell area. There may be an opportunity to extend the contract dependent on future funding.
Please go to our website www.cornwallfoodfoundation.org for further details on Food for Change and the full job description.