You will manage and oversee the finance function of this established contemporary lighting and furniture company.
To manage and oversee the financial function within the company and to support the business owner and management team with internal strategic and operational projects. As a central part of this small team you will have the opportunity to use your experience to shape the direction of the business and form a key part of its growth.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Supporting the management team with monthly Management Accounts, financial analysis, as well as annual strategic plans and overseeing company performance against agreed measures.
- Producing monthly Management Accounts.
- Providing all costings for current and new products.
- Evaluate information and consult with the management team to prepare and manage realistic and balanced budgets for the financial year.
- Produce and maintain sales forecasts and report on variances.
- Use the agreed budget to actively monitor and control performance to achieve accuracy and value for money.
- Ensure complete and accurate accounting including VAT.
- Manage and update company cashflow and book keeping function, accurately recording expenditure and updating forward forecasts.
- Maintain a strategic financial plan that will indicate the trends and requirements of the company plan and will forecast future year budgets
- Help maximise revenues and profitability.
- Coordinate annual financial returns with company accountants.
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally be ACA,ACCA or CIMA Qualified (although candidates who can demonstrate suitable experience but do not hold a full qualification will be given due consideration)
- Have experience in a similar role or be able to demonstrate readiness, confidence and knowledge to take on this level of responsibility
- Have a strong background in finance, budget management and reporting with an analytical focus.
- Be a confident person with a professional but personable character.
- Have excellent numeracy, literacy and IT skills especially MS Excel as well as experience of accounting systems.
- Be able to communicate clearly, concisely and diplomatically, verbally and in writing.
- Have experience of managing people
- Be passionate and committed to contributing towards a growing company.
- Have the ability to work as part of a small but fast-growing team as well being able to work independently, manage time effectively and prioritise workload under pressure.
- Be hardworking, committed and interested in the challenge of working for an exciting young business going through rapid growth.
Download full job description here