We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager who will be responsible for ensuring that Cool Earth's finances are managed according to Cool Earth policies, donor requirements and best practice in accounting/financial management. You will manage the day-to-day financial processes of the organisation and contribute significantly to the development of the organisation's financial reporting, annual budgets, and financial management and control.
You will build excellent relationships across the team, using your expertise to advise on and review all accounting procedures and policies to ensure SORP and HMRC compliance.
A background of working in a similar role with an understanding of the charity and NGO sector will put you at a distinct advantage.
This is a fixed term role of up to 12 months and we will consider flexible working.
No agencies please.
Closing Date: 7th November 2018
- Manage all aspects of financial accounting using Xero accounting system including nominal ledger, sales ledger, suppliers, banking and reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with all requirements as a registered charity
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts, forecasts, budgets and reports
- Support the Senior Management Team and wider Cool Earth team with ad hoc financial information, analysis and reporting as required
- Prepare the annual report and statutory accounts
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Produce routine and ad hoc reports and analysis
- Support the reconciliation of the Accounts system with the CRM system to ensure all fundraising platform data is being reported accurately in both systems
- Support the annual financial audit, producing year-end balance sheet reconciliations and liaising with external auditors on transaction queries and sampling.
- Oversee the work of the Administrator ensuring bank reconciliation and data input is accurate and actioned in a timely manner
- Process payments and manage cash flow ensuring it is adequate for liabilities to be settled promptly
- Management of invoicing and credit control
- Assist in processing and checking the monthly staff payroll
- Be responsible for the development of finance policies and procedures, ensuring these are legally compliant
- Assist with responding to routine financial enquiries from budget holders and donors
- Process expense claims and credit card use ensuring compliance with the Travel and Entertainment Policy
- Manage the assets register and depreciation schedule
- Assist with the adequate insurance of assets
- Be responsible for petty cash and reconciliation
- Any other duties as required to ensure the smooth running of the Finance Department
- A recognised professional accounting qualification, such as passed finalist or fully qualified accountant with a CCAB accountancy body or CIMA.
- Significant experience gained in a Finance Manager capacity
- Experience of producing monthly management accounts to strict deadlines.
- Experience of reconciliation preparing management accounts including, donor revenue and other day-to-day accounting activities
- Experience of using accounting systems
- Proven experience of conducting external audits
- High level of competency with the MS Office suite (e.g. Outlook email/calendar, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and experience of using social media / digital communication tools
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Knowledge of CRM systems and website CMS
- Understanding of General Data Protection Regulations
- Ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way
- High attention to detail
- Strong customer service ethos
- Strong commitment to achieving objectives and deadlines
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian and environmental principles of Cool Earth.
- Experience or working in charities or an understanding of the charity and NGO sector
- Up to date working knowledge of SORP
- Experience of using Xero.
- Previous experience of liaison with external auditors in the delivery of annual audit.
- Line management experience