Watson Evans Associates are working with St Ewe Free Range Eggs Ltd to find an exceptional, qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) to be their Finance Manager.
Preferably, you will have previously worked as a Finance Manager (or equivalent), leading a small team in a high growth setting, operating in a rapidly changing environment where there may not have been existing processes to follow. If some of your experience is in the FMCG/manufacturing sector, this could also be beneficial.
While you’ll be working closely with both the Finance Director and the Managing Director, from the start this will be an autonomous role where you’ll need the full depth of your experience to successfully make the following responsibilities your own:
- Production of monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts
- Managing the month end close, quarterly close and annual reporting process
- Proven ability to manage a small team
- Continuously review processes and controls, overseeing changes where appropriate
- Production of KPIs, budgets and cashflow forecasting
- Create variance analysis reports, plan and forecast balance sheet movements
- Analyse spend in key areas and run budget and forecasting cadence
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Ad hoc projects, for example pricing/margin analysis
- Liaise with external bodies as necessary