The Finance Manager will be a key member of a small and effective team. You will contribute to the sound management of Urban Biodiversity CIC by providing specialist skills in accounts, payroll and financial reporting.
You’ll be a key part of this small team, report to the Managing Director and Board of Directors, and work closely with the Operations Manager to develop a financial strategy and operating budget that ensures the financial sustainability of the business.
Specific areas of work:
- Managing wages, salaries and employment matters such as payroll and pensions
- Undertaking general bookkeeping and accounts using accounts software (ACA/ACCA or similar)
- Check that petty cash records are maintained by the Project Administrator
- Monthly reports to the Managing Director and quarterly accounts for the Board of Directors
- Ensuring all suppliers are paid and goods are ordered in accordance with agreed procedures
- Monitor bank accounts, liaise with bank and manage expenditure, budgets, the cash flow and forecasts
- Draft accounts, preparation for audit and liaise with auditors
- Preparing financial information required for funding applications.
- Assisting with fundraising, and to provide data and budgets for fundraising projects.
- Full or part qualified as an accounting technician.
- Experience working in a small business or with grant funding and European Social Fund income
- Experience of using an accounts package for general bookkeeping, including producing accounts and management reports.
- Experience of preparing draft financial accounts.
- Experience of payroll administration including responding to HMRC queries.
- Experience of producing financial reports, budgets and information for funders.
- Experience of monitoring complex budgets.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and community ethos.
- Self-motivating and able to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to undertake training and to develop new skills in response to Urban Biodiversity’s changing needs.
- Ideally, you will have experience in the voluntary and charity sector.
- Friendly and approachable personality.
- Flexible and co-operative approach to work.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Able to work as part of a team.