This Field Service Technician role is an ideal opportunity for you to join our growing team with full training on LoRaWAN and cellular technologies. The main aspect of this role is to be out on-site in the company van across South West England completing site surveys, installing gateways and devices and performing repair and maintenance as required. There may be occasions where you are required to go further afield and staying away overnight, this will be kept to a minimum. This often involves working outdoors, throughout the year, on farms, constructions sites as well as office and school sites. We will provide you with safety footware both boots and wellies along with wet weather gear to ensure you are protected from the elements. Once you have completed your induction training this will involve being on-site alone and meeting clients.
This role will also involve some work in the office where needed, wiring adaptations to the sensor devices, cleaning and refurbishing returned devices and occasionally working with our technical support team to configure devices.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing business in the emerging Internet of Things industry.
You will be:
- Travelling to sites in the company vehicle installing IoT sensors and devices.
- Working outdoors, on construction sites, on farms and similar harsh environments.
- Meeting clients and surveying sites.
- Call out duties to faulty equipment to fault find, repair or replace.
- Keeping accurate records of installations, mileage and timesheets.
- Wiring adaptations to devices.
- Configuring sensors and devices.
- Keeping accurate records of configuration parameters.
- Technical support will be provided from the office via phone and, if required, in person.
- Full, clean driving licence
- Confident working alone
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Practical skills to install devices on site
- Good customer service skills
- Experience working on-site.
- Experienced in Building Services industry and construction sites
- Agricultural background, ideally in the dairy or livestock industry.
- HND or equivalent experience in an electronics or agriculture subject.