Electronic Design Engineer required. We are a manufacturer of Water Quality Measurement Equipment who is seeking an Electronic Design Engineer to join our team in the mid Cornwall area. The successful Electronic Design Engineer will be responsible for the design, development and prototyping of a range of sensors and instrumentation for use in water quality monitoring from initial concept to final test and production.
Benefits: Competitive Salary, 5 weeks holiday (plus all public holidays), excellent working environment in our new purpose built factory, fully auto-enrolment compliant pension scheme. This is a Full-time, Permanent role.
Please only apply if you live within commutable distance of our factory, or have genuine plans to relocate.
- Provide technical leadership for electronic design from concept through to manufacturing
- Creation of electronic circuit designs including schematics and PCB layout
- Testing and root cause analysis of prototype and pre-production designs
- Provide support for products from other group companies, making design improvements when required
- Participate in FMEA, risk analysis and verification/validation of product design to ensure products meet manufacturing, quality and reliability goals
- Support product approval process with test house and regulators
- Participate in design reviews to facilitate knowledge sharing
- Experience of electronic design for manufacture, including
- PCB CAD software, preferably Altium
- Interfacing (SPI, USB, RS485)
- Prototype testing
- Embedded microprocessor development tools
- Surface mount technology
- Opto electronics (desirable)
- Compliance testing (desirable)
- Electrochemistry (desirable)
The candidate should be a strong team player, results orientated, an excellent communicator and comfortable in a multi-location environment with remote collaboration requirements
- Degree level in Electronic Engineering or equivalent, or proven track record of electronics design.