Working closely with the business and administrative staff, you will co-ordinate, manage, design and deliver a broad range of print publications. You will also be involved in our sales and marketing campaigns along with becoming an integral member of our office and warehouse teams.
We are looking for someone who has design experience (InDesign is preferred but not essential), and a flare for creating modern and captivating layouts and imagery. It is not essential that you have experience in print media but if you do, this will really make you stand out from the crowd!
If you are a good communicator who can articulate your ideas through written, verbal and design work, have a positive, everything is possible, flexible approach and are able to work as part of a successful team, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is permanent with the possibility of flexible hours for the right candidate.
Typical duties and responsibilities:
- Designing and creating the layout for new publications, catalogues and new products alongside that of reprinting Tor Mark’s archive and preparation of electronic titles
- Ascertaining quotes for new books and following up throughout the publishing and printing process
- Day to day management of the publication of all titles including, for example, proof reading and involvement in editorial decisions for future titles
- Creative involvement in, and design of, Tor Mark’s marketing campaigns
- Providing administrative and packing support for colleagues
- Playing a full part in our annual stock take
- Updating the website with details and images on new titles
Personal skills and qualifications:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a design, creative or media or other relevant subject
- Ability to create innovative and visually attractive publication designs to a high standard
- Ability to demonstrate a portfolio of relevant work
- Comprehensive working knowledge of design software packages e.g. InDesign
- Experience of working in a similar role within a professional environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst using own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Punctual and committed to supporting the business and colleagues in all aspects of our day-to-day life
- A commitment to becoming part of our team supporting colleagues and customers and acting on guidance
- A willingness and the personal qualities necessary to help and assist our customersincluding in person, over the telephone and via email
- Experience with InDesign
- Experience in theExperience in customer service