Sharing knowledge, techniques and experience. Supporting exciting new growers in lesser expected regions. Developing experimental lots. Pioneering greater sustainability and transparency across the industry...we’re part of the B-Corp community. Origin is a place for people who love coffee – where good runs deep. Our spirited and energetic team are some of the speciality coffee sector’s leading lights. Come, join us...
Origin is growing. This spring, we’re stepping up our capacity with an exciting move to a brand new roastery, HQ and café/events space in the village of Porthleven, Cornwall. And we’re looking for ambitious, like-minded people to join us for the next stage of our journey.
The Digital Systems Manager will play a key part in implementing new digital solutions taking Origin to the next level, leaders in our industry. Driving improvements in all our digital operational processes, you’ll know what we’re missing, identify the solutions, roll them out and take our employee’s and end users on a user-journey so they are as on-board with them as you are.
A strong and inspiring digital creative, you’ll have significant experience of portfolio, programme and project management systems, approaches, and frameworks. You will want to tell us about the technical projects you have implemented, and we’ll be as excited by this prospect for Origin as you are of your achievements. You’ll show the right blend of passion, precision and technical curiosity of implementing solutions we’ll wonder how we managed without.
We champion people here at Origin; this is a varied role with real scope for you to make an impact, both for your own career and for the business. This is a rare opportunity to push boundaries and progress your career, with the added bonus of being able to jump in the sea before or after work.
You make communication look easy. You can explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others.
YOUR MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To identify and deliver multiple strategic digital solutions positioning Origin at the forefront of our industry; providing a digitally efficient working environment able to support wholesale, retail and online
- Identify, research and tender for new suppliers and “partners” to work with on the implementation of new software
- To manage and maintain the internal digital roadmap by identifying the needs of Origin’s multiple departments; developing robust processes and procedures in order to respond to operational demands and deliver organisational ambitions
- To keep abreast of the changing digital landscape, identifying ways to streamline business processes and maximise ways to futureproof the technology, from new innovations, identifying efficiencies or best practice examples
- Accountable for building the team’s capability to match changing technology needs by providing the required training and development
- Understand compliance issues around GDPR
- To provide oversight, development, upgrades, maintenance and ongoing administration of systems are undertaken
- Ensure all systems have standard operating procedures in place including workflows and responsibility for implementing and updating changes accordingly.
WHAT ELSE IS IN IT FOR YOU
- A full-time, permanent contract with a competitive salary
- A full immersion into the world of speciality coffee including your own career progression – we will support your ongoing professional development with bespoke learning initiatives and training opportunities
- And before you think it can’t get any better, this role, living in Cornwall, and working with the best team of people you could ask for
- Ever set on welcoming the best people into our team, we're offering a support and relocation package for the right person.