This role is focused on driving digital marketing campaigns for ShelterBox. Supporting the Digital Marketing & Innovation Manager, the successful candidate will help deliver a range of projects that drive brand awareness and help to increase online giving.
The role is full of variety and you’ll need to be able to turn your hand to a multitude of digital marketing activities, including email marketing, pay per click advertising, digital content creation and social media. Researching market trends, demographics and donor strategies is also an important aspect of this role, as these key insights will be used to create informed and compelling campaigns.
The successful candidate will be involved in projects that seek to increase our supporter base, increase brand awareness, drive income and create amazing communication campaigns. You will also be responsible for delivering an email marketing programme that helps to nurture and engage supporters from across the organisation.
Who are we looking for?
ShelterBox is seeking a strong communicator with excellent copywriting skills and the ability to adapt tone for varying channels. Attention to detail is key. The successful candidate will be able to engage both existing supporters and new audiences in a digital space, and will be confident in managing multiple projects and deadlines.
It is imperative that you have a working knowledge and understanding of digital marketing, including working knowledge of Google Adwords, Facebook advertising, Campaign Monitor (or similar email marketing software), Hootsuite, Wordpress and Google Analytics. You should also be able to operate on a strategic level, with an ability to focus on both long and short term objectives.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
· Assisting the digital marketing and innovation manager and digital team on a variety of projects.
· Researching market trends, demographics, donor strategies and other relevant information that helps to inform the digital marketing plan
· Research new email marketing platform that is suitable for all ShelterBox affiliates and help to deliver new email templates suitable for an international audience
· Write, produce and deliver a programme of email marketing campaigns, following the latest best practice and ensuring messages are relevant to respective audiences
· Set up a series of automated email journeys, monitoring results to continually maximise performance and engagement
· Implement a programme of testing on emails and content, including A/B testing and multivariate
· Working with our digital agency to help maintain and update our existing digital advertising campaigns, as well as developing campaigns for new and untested platforms.
· Working with our digital agency to develop social engagement campaigns that seek to get interaction from supporters
· Regularly writing and proofreading fresh and relevant copy for the website and upcoming blog that resonates with our target audiences
· Organising and maintaining online accounts, like YouTube, Flickr, etc.
· Regular reporting on digital marketing efforts, using analytics to inform content strategy, measure the effectiveness of campaigns and produce regular campaign reports
· Work with the Individual Giving and Digital team to create omnichannel supporter journeys
· Supporting the team with the development of digital content, helping to create, source, collect and repurpose content so that it is optimised for digital channels
· Support contact database maintenance and our move to a new CRM
· Assisting with wider digital marketing and communications delivery where required, to support the charity’s strategic objectives
· Any other duties as deemed necessary to support the Media & Comms team