Reporting to – Chair of Trustees
Job Purpose – Develop and implement a strategy for the commercial and heritage side of “Trenance Cottages”. Seeking bold new opportunities for generating income and learning. Achieving a sustainable basis of operation.
Scope of the Role
- Development of the business
- Recruiting of volunteers
- Identify and implement opportunities to diversify.
- Develop high quality business plans, which are deliverable and financially viable.
- PR and Marketing “Trenance Cottages” to its target audience
- H and S Policy and Procedures
- Liaise with caretaker and administrator
To develop the commercial activities of “Trenance Cottages” Actively assist in the operation of these commercial activities so as to maximise revenue consistent with the Trusts aims of advancing Heritage and Education through the protection of Trenance Cottages
To advise the trustees on the recruitment volunteers.
To coordinate/organise staff training as appropriate.
To lead on marketing and promoting “Trenance Cottages” to its target audiences (both existing markets and new markets to be developed) using all available media, including digital, print and face to face contact.
To produce high quality business plans.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good commercial understanding and sound knowledge of financial and business practices
- Understanding of customer-facing environments
- Awareness of good HR practices
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working in a small scale third sector environment
- Commitment to a learning and social enterprise culture.
- Knowledge of wider issues within heritage, cultural and tourism sectors
- Understanding how membership organisations work.
- Awareness of Heritage Lottery Fund projects in the region
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and prioritise time commitments
- A dynamic, motivated creative, innovative and energetic approach
- Leading, developing and coaching staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability and willingness to work and communicate effectively with a volunteer board of Trustees
- Good networking skills
- Attention to detail
- Good understanding of basic financial control and budget keeping
- Health and Safety qualification
- Working at supervisory level in a customer-facing environment
- Day to day business management in a small- scale setting
- Responsibility for income generation activities
- Responsibility for health and safety and emergency procedures
- Marketing and promotion on a small budget, including use of digital media
- Knowledge of the local community setting