We’re a tight-knit team of experts and we’re looking for talented people to help us with a mix of existing projects and new client wins. This can be on a part or fully remote basis, we’re open to both. Our goal is to win more of the type of business that has made us who we are – consultancy-led complex transformation projects which help businesses find their place in the digital world.
Some recent examples include:
- Creating a new feature for a top consumer app that supports 1.4m users every day
- Designing a high-availability online store and order processing platform which processes around 40,000 orders each week
- Supporting a leading financial services organisation transform how they deliver change inside their business
About the role
For the first 6-12 months your time will be split between operational support (data entry, testing, content administration), and training.
As part of your training, you will shadow more experienced developers using pair-programming as they work on a variety of client projects, and complete a set of training resources.
As part of your operational support duties, you’ll also work as our tester and website and data administrator.
The day-to-day role includes:
- Testing new features across a variety of browsers and devices to ensure they are ready for live release
- Completing data and website administration tasks to help maintain existing projects
- Supporting the Project Lead, Lead Consultant and Managing Director as required on ad-hoc tasks
- Actively participating in agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
Team fit is more important to us than exact technical skills, as we firmly believe in training the right people to have a long and successful career with us.
For that to work, you will need to have a desire to learn new things.
This is an entry-level role - we will train you ‘on the job’ so no specific coding experience is necessary.
Here’s what you will need to have:
- A keen interest in a career in website and software development
- A demonstrable aptitude and enthusiasm for software development
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to take responsibility for the work assigned to you, completing it without needing to be micro-managed
And if you have any of the below, even better!
- Experience working with one or more programming languages
- Experience with website administration
- Experience of working within an agency environment
- University degree in Computer Science or similar