The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of drawings for both our custom superyacht tender projects and the ever popular Duchy Motor Launch range, undertaking essential research to support our efforts to utilise new technological materials alongside traditional. As an integral part of our innovative team, you will support the translation of R&D results into engineering drawings for prototype build and production engineering for current and future projects. The role will also include work to expand the current drawing index.
After initial induction and familiarisation with the company, the successful graduate will report to the Design Director in this busy, growing organisation. New designs and production drawings will be created for a range of projects including luxury superyacht tenders, production motor launches and a new sports boat model. The candidate will:
- Provide accurate information and drawings to the production team for in-build superyacht tenders and a new sports boat which is under development.
- Develop the Duchy Motor Launches range (currently 21, 27 and 35ft boats) and the recently acquired Hardy Motor Yachts range.
- Provide technical support by keeping technical files up to date and research additional hardware to be specified in designs.
- Keep the network in order with correct version control on documents.
The successful candidate will be confident in producing a wide range of 2D drawings and 3D models for a variety of components required in the build of a Cockwells launch. Using Rhino3D and Solidworks software, you will be able to produce technical drawings to our exacting quality standards, ensuring the successful delivery of relevant and accurate information ready for use by the shop floor or by subcontractors. This could include 3D models being sent away for 3D printing or CNC cutting.
- Proficient in the use of Rhino3D
- Ability to set out a technical drawing
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with continually changing priorities
- Creative person with the ability to problem solve
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Good communication of ideas (Sketch/presentation techniques)
- Happy to work with others and to an existing drawing system
- Have marine knowledge or interest in this field
- Good time management
- In the current climate - the ability to work from home with Rhino3D software
- Degree level qualification in Yacht and Powercraft Design (or similar)
- The use of Solidworks software
- A knowledge of joinery construction
- Good knowledge of materials properties and construction techniques
- Photoshop software skills