The demand for high-impact marketing content has never been higher at Cornwall Air Ambulance as we seek to grow our supporter base, run high profile campaigns and events, engage more people through digital channels and deliver eye-catching marketing materials to support a wide variety of fundraising and retail activities.
We are looking for someone with excellent InDesign skills, both creative and technical, as we seek to bring the design of the charity’s magazine, posters, banners, infographics, brochures, etc, in-house. You’ll also plan photoshoots, take photographs and edit images using a DSLR camera and Photoshop, for use in your design work. The role will involve developing the charity’s use of video by shooting and editing content for social media channels and press releases.
This is a marketing role which means we need an all-rounder who is just as at home using Hootsuite or WordPress, as they are InDesign. The role will involve working with colleagues to help develop and implement marketing campaigns through traditional and digital channels, including social media, as well as supporting events and the promotion of fundraising and retail activity. You’ll be writing and proofing marketing copy, ensuring key messages are present throughout and online content is SEO optimised.
The role will involve liaising with printers, distributers and external contractors to ensure projects are on time and on budget, as well as maintaining the charity’s content library.
In a typical week you will:
- Design marketing materials for print and digital channels
- Manage the production and distribution of marketing materials
- Plan photoshoots, take and edit photos
- Plan, film and edit videos, particularly for social media and press releases
- Write and proof copy
- Daily website UX monitoring and updating content
- Support in measuring the success of marketing activity using Google analytics, Facebook insights etc
- Maintain and update the content hub in an organised fashion
- Any other activity to support the work of the Communications and Marketing Department and wider charity.
Design – You’ll possess strong InDesign skills both in terms of technical knowhow and creative flare to design a wide range of marketing materials, including high impact banners, posters, display boards, unmissable social media infographics and an inspiring supporter magazine. But as well as creating the design, you’ll also advise colleagues on what form the marketing material could take, e.g. booklet, poster, e-postcard, tent cards etc.
Marketing – You’ll have experience of working on traditional and digital advertising/fundraising campaigns aimed at promoting a product, organisation, event or behaviour change. You’ll understand the effectiveness of various marketing tools and channels and adapt your work to meet the demands of channel users to promote engagement. Experience of using Google Analytics is desirable.
Photography – You’ll have the creative flare to spot a new angle that will bring a photo opportunity to life, whether that’s shooting crew portraits or documenting a Royal visit. You’ll be at home using a DLSR camera, simple lighting kit and Photoshop to create outstanding images to be used across the marketing mix.
Digital – A love and understanding of how to promote an organisation on social media is a must. You’ll also be happy monitoring and updating our WordPress website to help ensure an intuitive user experience, maintaining content and ensuring it is visually appealing.
Videography – You’ll be able to use a DSLR camera and a simple lighting set up to produce short, sharp, in-house video for use across channels, including for social media, online news sites, events etc. You’ll also possess good editing skills in Final Cut, Premier or similar, to make an interview or event video pop.
Project management – You’ll be an excellent communicator who is comfortable managing projects from inception, through the development stage, to delivery and distribution. This will include collaborating with colleagues to come up with great ideas, create project briefs and timelines.
People skills – You’ll have the emotional intelligence to help people who have been through traumatic experiences tell their stories on camera. You’ll also be able to strike up good rapports with our paramedics, fundraisers and wider supporters to ensure the success of projects
The above job description is not exhaustive and from time to time the post-holder can expect to be asked to perform other duties associated with the work of the Communications and Marketing Department.
All employees are expected to adhere to the charity policies and procedures set out in the staff handbook, and special attention will be drawn to policies relating to data protection, IT security, health and safety, social media, safeguarding, as well as the charity mission vision and values.
The work is very interactive with the wider fundraising department in particular and the post-holder may be asked to work unsocial hours or at other sites and locations from time to time as part of the role. Time off in lieu is provided to offset unsocial hours worked. The role will involve a six-month probation period.
- Enthusiasm, passion and able to motivate self and others
- The ability to self-start, be organised, and to prioritise and complete multiple tasks
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience of utilising marketing channels including social media
- Experience of using Wordpress
- Strong photography and editing skills
- Strong videography and editing skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of working in a PR/Marketing/Design environment either in-house, agency or freelance
- Good written and verbal communication skills and a strong interview technique
- IT skills and experience including MAC and PC
- Ability to work flexibly with occasional weekend and evening work and a willingness to take part in an out-of-hours on call rota
- Emotional intelligence and ability to influence
- Previous experience of working within the charity sector
- Ability to use CRM/database programmes
- A good socio and geographical knowledge of Cornwall