You’ll also develop ETL scripts/routines to facilitate the smooth movement of data across the businesses’ full analytics architecture and develop reports using SQL and Excel.
This is a new role within the team offering an excellent opportunity to develop a career within a business systems and intelligence environment, playing a key role in using analytics to influence decision making.
- Support the translation and integration of reporting requirements into the analytics architecture by working closely with the Senior Data Warehouse (DWH) Developer
- Assist with the production of DWH, OLAP Cube and ETL functional and technical specifications for development within agreed Programme of Work
- Create, update and enhance the DWH, OLAP Cubes and analytics architecture to meet current and future reporting and analysis needs
- Support with the design and implementation of ETL procedures for intake of data from both internal and external sources, ensuring data exceptions/rejections are identified
- Enable the data team and analysts to query data quickly and efficiently via Excel (OLAP) connectivity
- For each agreed report, accurately document the requirements in a standard format and agree appropriate reporting tools & delivery formats/timings with the end user
- Design and create SQL/SSRS reports using Visual Studio reporting services (utilising X++ to ensure all AX reports compatible with Dynamics AX security) and MS Excel Power Pivot
- Support the users of the reports, ensuring that documentation and training is delivered, working with them to resolve problems and offer solutions where necessary
- Quality test reports, validate and document outcomes prior to releasing to users
- Contribute to the upkeep of the data dictionary/data catalogue and enforce its usage across the business
- Create processes/tools to aid with the automation of manual data processes and optimisation of user queries
- Create processes and tools to aid with the cleansing, testing & validation of data within the data model
- Carry out monitoring, tuning and database performance analysis to aid with system stability
What we’re looking for
You’ll need experience in developing, tuning and maintaining SQL Server database code (SSAS, SSMS) as well as an understanding of relational and multidimensional database design structures. You’ll also have strong report writing experience and be an advanced Excel user.
An excellent communicator and problem solver, you’ll have the ability to work with end users to identify solutions and lessons learnt. We’re also looking for a solid team player, flexible, adaptable and proactive.