The Crowdfunder platform is growing exponentially in response to the current pandemic, which means our customer base is growing too. The customer support team therefore provides an essential service in assisting those who are running fundraising projects at this critical time — and we need a self-motivated individual who can drive and improve the customer experience. Ideally you’ll also be able to work with minimal supervision and be comfortable using multiple management systems at the same time.
We value flexibility at Crowdfunder, so this role can be based at our HQ in Newquay or carried out remotely.
This role is for 30 hours over 4/ 5 days a week. Two of these days will be a Sunday and Monday, the other days can be flexible.
This role will have an initial 6-month contract with the possibility of extending.
Responsibilities and duties:
We’re looking for someone who embodies customer service. Patience and empathy are crucial to this role, as you’ll be supporting customers who are heavily invested in their crowdfunding campaigns — many of whom require a great deal of technical support, so you’ll need to be tech savvy too.
Key responsibilities include understanding and resolving customer concerns, investigating issues across multiple management systems in order to provide seamless customer support, escalating issues (where appropriate) to the relevant team within Crowdfunder, and maintaining customer relationships throughout.
Communication skills are also important. We need someone who has good spelling and grammar, as well as attention to detail. You’ll be just as comfortable speaking to customers on the phone as you are sharing updates with colleagues across Crowdfunder.
Required competencies for Crowdfunder employees:
- Customer focus: you are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, and are able to use customer feedback to instigate improvements to products and services.
- Drive for results: you can be counted on to meet goals successfully, to act with customers in mind, and you’re driven to find more efficient and effective ways of working.
- Dealing with ambiguity: you can respond to change effectively and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, which means being able to make decisions and act without having the total picture.
- Peer relationships: you are cooperative and a team player who easily gains the trust and support of peers, who offers support in return and encourages collaboration.
- Time management: you’re a whizz with time management and aim to get more done in less time.
- Learning on the fly: you pick up new tasks and topics quickly, you’re confident using new management systems, and you’re open to new ideas and solutions.
- Understanding others: you can empathise with customers (both internal and external) and understand their behaviours, especially during this difficult time.
Specific additional competencies for member of the customer support team:
- Patience: you listen before responding, check before acting, put understanding before judgement, and are tolerant with both people and processes.
- Organisation: you’re a multitasking pro and can easily orchestrate multiple activities at once, as well as marshal the necessary resources (such as people, support or information) to get things done.
- Communication: you can write clearly and succinctly so that customers can easily understand the information you share with them.
- People person: you build rapport with all kinds of people both inside and outside of the company.
- Unflappable: you remain calm in a crisis and act quickly to find solutions.
Essential experience and qualifications
- English language — GCSE or higher level qualification is required.
- Experience in a customer service or customer support role is essential.
- Confident user of software including Mac Apps and Google Chrome.