UTM is a fast-growing personnel business, based in Cornwall and Somerset, with a proven track record in the marine energy industry supplying contract personnel solutions to global clients.
UTM demands the best and offers unlimited potential, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to succeed professionally in a dynamic global business.
As Credit controller you will be responsible for managing debts owed to the business through the achievement of daily cash and debtor targets. The position will involve overseeing various operations necessary for resolving client debt repayment while continuously evaluating the credit situation of clients to identify debtor and credit levels.
The credit controller will assist in setting up a credit control system that allows for periodic repayment of debt as well as conducting negotiations with debtors to set up the terms and conditions of payment.
- Evaluate the credit status of clients to identify debtors and credit level
- Assist customers in setting up a credit control system that allows for periodic debt repayment
- Conduct negotiations with debtors to fix terms and conditions for payment of receivables
- Handle internal issues and ensure timely payment to creditors
- Ensure daily cash and debtor targets are met
- Contact debtors through calls, emails or letters to notify them of outstanding invoice
- Maintain regular contact with clients to ensure proper management of debt
- Conduct business operations in compliance with standard policies and regulations
- Maintain proper records of client accounts and purchasing activities
- Monitor payment history to identify changes in reparation and take necessary actions
- Conduct weekly reconciliation of debtor ledger accounts
- Offer recommendations and advice on queries regarding accounts receivable
- Ensure prompt reply to client and internal feedback
- Commence legal action against debtors in event of halted payment
- Propose irrecoverable debts to be written off or they may employ strategies to recover receivables in cases of debtor bankruptcy
- Oversee the forwarding of monthly statements to clients to keep them updated on debt collection activities
- Collaborate with legal to discuss appropriate terms and conditions for debt repayment.