You will be at the heart of delivery of the project, working closely alongside our eight Creative Business Advisors who have dedicated specialist areas – Screen; Digital; Design; Visual Arts and Crafts; Performing Arts and Literary Arts. The team also includes a Graduate Start-up Advisor and two generalist Creative Business Advisors. The role of the Museums, heritage organisations and public galleries Creative Business Advisor is to:
• Be the lead point of contact for the museums, heritage and galleries sector in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
• Act as a dedicated sector specialist and champion who will develop and maintain close working relationships with local agencies, networks and individuals as appropriate; brokering opportunities for the sector in Cornwall & the IoS with a focus on the development of all aspects of business support including marketing across the museums. • Support and collaborate with project partners across various elements of Cultivator activity.
• Develop and make effective use of national and international networking and brokering opportunities and raise the profile of the sector in Cornwall & the IoS.
• Develop schemes and access support for individual practitioners at all levels of professional practice, focusing on opportunities for skills development/ continuing professional development.
• Provide hands-on support for museums and galleries to help them increase and diversify their audiences and increase their income streams, including support to exploit digital technologies to help museums and galleries maximize their impact and reach.