The Après Beer.
The Beer for rallying a group and letting loose, for drinking to the before and making a moment out of the after. Après ski, sea, sport, adventure, work.
- Craft beer has a great image but has an accessibility problem. 95% of beer sold is not craft beer because it is too hoppy, too bitter, and too challenging to drink. JUBEL are making craft beer more drinkable, more inclusive, and more sessionable
- JUBEL brew dangerously refreshing craft lager cut with fruit. JUBEL packs the refreshment of a fruit cider and sessionability of a crisp lager, and is vegan, gluten-free, and a sociable 4% ABV for easy-access
- Launched in April 2018, JUBEL has secured 1500+ listings including Fullers, Sainsburys and Waitrose, and we might be the new beer on the block but all three of our brews have already scooped up UK Country Winner in the World Beer Awards.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your focus will be driving Education, Awareness, Advocacy and Trial of our dangerously refreshing beers in the on-trade and retail in Cornwall. Working alongside the commercial sales team and reporting into the Head of Trade Activation, your role will involve engaging with and activating flagship accounts with impactful customer events, training bar teams, engaging with consumers and building positive brand experiences. The key areas of your role will be as follows:
FLAGSHIP ACCOUNTS: ideating and executing highly experiential and impactful activations in our flagship accounts to deliver memorable brand experiences to add value to our customers and engage our consumers
BRAND TRAINING: engaging bar teams through building strong personal relationships to win their hearts, educating them on our beer and the story behind JUBEL to win their minds, and implementing effective incentives to win their wallets
SAMPLING: sampling is our biggest growth driver as people buy JUBEL when they try JUBEL - arranging and delivering killer staff and consumer samplings in our focus accounts will be a key part of the role
ON TRADE CONSISTENCY: ensure that consumer experience of a pint of JUBEL is super consistent across the on trade, everything from the glass it’s served in, the way it’s described on menu, the consistent use of branded assets and the quality of the dispense.
AMBASSADOR POOL: recruit and manage a pool of part-time brand ambassadors who perfectly represent the brand, plugging them into customer activation and sampling opportunities in our key accounts.
RETAIL PRESENCE: responsible for driving increased shelf space, visibility and shopper trial in our retail distribution (Sainsbury’s and Waitrose) in Cornwall, by leveraging your ambassador pool to build retail relationships and do sampling activations
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
SOMEONE WHO SHARES AND DISPLAYS THE JUBEL CULTURE
I. VALUES DRIVEN: Our five values aren’t just words on a wall. They are the attitudes, behaviours and skills we value in our team to influence who gets hired, promoted, or let go. We embrace diverse personalities and working styles, but every team member lives and breathes our five values:
- Thirsty: outstanding delivery through an insatiable drive, work ethic, and external competitiveness - want it
- Action Oriented: working at race pace with a positive and open mind towards everything, doing beats talking
- Sustainable: operating in a way so that our planet, relationships, sales and energy levels are all built to last
- Off-Piste: safe = risky. Bold and brave approach with smart risks and no fear of failure
- Curious: strong and broad appetite to learn - ask questions, be humble, embrace feedback
II. HIGH-PERFORMANCE: We believe the best perk we can offer people is a team of great people to work with who are as motivated, passionate and driven as they are.
III. FREEDOM & RESPONSIBILITY: People who take real responsibility are rare - self-starting, motivated, disciplined, proactive, not letting anything slip through the net, and working as hard on their own as they do in front of others. We hire for real responsibility so we can have true autonomy, which is given not earned. You are treated like an adult and trusted, so you won’t be asked where you are or what you’re doing.
YOUR SKILLS AND CHARACTER
- Building relationships
- Presenting and Public speaking
- Planning and Organisation
- A real socialite who loves beer
- Strong understanding of the on-trade channel
- Experience of a customer facing role
- Autonomous management of your own time and calendar
- Start: flexible
- Location: Field Based, Cornwall (must have full UK driving license/ability to travel around Cornwall)
- Salary: £25-30k upon skills/experience + travel allowance
- Hours: Full time. Flexibility will be essential as business needs will change daily and you will be required to work some evenings and weekends due to the nature of the on-trade channel
- Holiday: unlimited holiday policy