What we’re looking for:
Someone with solid copywriting experience – preferably B2B. The work’s varied, but there are a few industries we particularly specialise in. Ideally, we’re looking for the sort of writer who can happily immerse themselves in product and industry knowledge and really get to know what makes those industries tick.
The role requires working in close partnership with clients to gain a clear understanding of their needs. We’d like someone who’s happy liaising with clients by telephone, Skype, emails, and face-to-face, and part of the role may include travel to meetings and events
Client work can include copywriting for public relations; marketing and other promotional activities, as well as reporting and analysis. On any given day you’ll be writing anything from press releases and feature articles to web content, scripts, and social media.
Building relationships with journalists and other key media contacts will be essential to the success of the role, along with an ability to keep track of conflicting deadlines.
Importantly, this role will also involve day-to-day running and updating of several market-leading websites, as well as creative use of social media.
Essential skills and experience:
- Degree level qualification; preferably in Journalism, English, Marketing, or Media
- 2+ years B2B copywriting experience
- Ability to write engaging copy for a wide variety of purposes and audiences
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, without compromising quality
- Organised and flexible throughout the working day – helping to meet the demands of clients and colleagues alike.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Interest in social media
- Ability to travel to client meetings and other events
- An eye for design and layout
- Experience of working closely with clients to their satisfaction
- Commercial/industrial awareness
- Confident user of multimedia packages