*Please note applications that do not include a covering letter may not be considered for this role*
(Find tips on tailoring your application and writing a covering letter here)
This post is subject to successfully securing funding from The Rank Foundation ‘Time to Shine’ programme. Our chosen candidate will also be interviewed as part of their grant making process.
Are you the next member of the Treverbyn team?
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your skills and experience in property/community development and property management. It will be a fantastic role to have on your CV, not to mention the feel-good factor of having done something amazing for the good of our friendly community and repurposing a lovely old building! We need a highly organised and motivated person to join us for a year as we take on an exciting new project to transform a disused chapel into a vibrant community space. Ideally, you’ll have some experience of project management, partnership working, building/construction and seeking grant funding. However, we are more interested in the right attitude and determination as training and support will be available for you in this role.
What we need you to do:
This role will allow a person to demonstrate and develop their ability to manage and implement a community focused project.
The key responsibilities for this role include coordinating the asset transfer of the old chapel from Cornwall Council to Treverbyn Community Hall; liaising with key stakeholders and developing costed plans for bringing the building back into use; seeking grant funding for the capital works required.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Undertake project planning, management and implementation to deliver project on time and to budget.
- Monitor and report on progress and provide recommendations/solutions to overcome any obstacles encountered.
- Engage and liaise with stakeholders to obtain support and commitment for the project.
We’re looking for someone with these things:
- Degree level qualification
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Initiative, focus and attention to detail
- Ability to liaise with others at all levels
- Solutions focused – tenacity to get things done Numeracy and excel skills
- Well organised and thorough.
- Drive and determination to make things happen.
And these skills/experience would also be beneficial:
- Project Management
- Working in partnership
- Knowledge of building construction