To work with the communities of Cornwall to provide support with Covid19 response and recovery plan. Help individuals and communities to get accurate and up to date information on the Covid19 vaccination programme and work with Public Health and partners to bring wider messages on health and wellbeing to the hardest to reach groups.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide local support, targeted to specific locations or demographics - as identified by Public Health colleagues - to individuals and communities affected by Covid19.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with community groups, voluntary organisations, statutory authorities and businesses in the area to facilitate a joined-up response to the challenges of Covid19.
- To support the delivery of the Covid19 Recovery Plan and vaccine roll-out programme, acting as a conduit between PCNs and the project, ensuring a complimentary approach.
- To use the ‘Making Every Contact Count’ approach, seeking opportunities to aid individuals in making good health and wellbeing choices and build good health and prevention messaging.
- To work alongside colleagues including Social Prescribing Link Workers, Public Health colleagues and other project partners to ensure the project achieves all its goals and outcomes.
- To manage the operation and maintenance of the database and other IT systems required for the project.
- To make use of IT, social media and other technologies to assist in cascading messages to target specific groups or issues and connect with communities.
- To contribute to quantitative and qualitative information collection as required.
- To work efficiently with due regard for the economical use of company time and resources.
- To identify further resources (e.g. small grants) to support individuals and communities with specific needs where appropriate.
Administration and Organisation
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed accurately, on time and is processed in line with agreed policies and procedures.
- To provide management information and reports in a timely fashion as requested.
- To ensure that the project meets its obligations to the clients, partner organisations and the wider community and complies with all relevant legislation relating to their activities.
- To ensure that all Company policies and procedures are adhered to and set a personal example in implementing Health & Safety, Data Security, Safeguarding & Diversity policies.
- To work with partners to ensure a consistency of approach to quality working in line with Public Health requirements.
- In the spirit of good teamwork, willing to undertake all other reasonable duties as directed by the Senior Manager.
This post is funded by Public Health England
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Well-developed communication skills and an understanding of community needs and engagement techniques.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective delivery partnerships.
- Experience of ICT within the work context as a communication tool.
- To be competent in the use of Microsoft applications including spreadsheets or databases.
- To have awareness of small-scale funding opportunities.
- To manage time and other resources effectively and maintain accurate records.
- To have an awareness of personal responsibilities under current Health & Safety, Diversity and Data Protection legislation.
- To demonstrate experience of delivering a quality service.
- Willing to work flexibly as a member of a team.
- Full clean UK driving licence, business class insurance and access to a vehicle.
- Experience of working with communities to develop solutions to local issues.
- To have an understanding of the voluntary sector in Cornwall
- ECDL qualification or similar.
This role is eligible under the exceptions to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and will therefore require the successful applicant to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).Application process: