A Truro-based independent commercial & housing property company are looking for a Property Manager to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 2 years’ worth of Property Management experience and preferably a strong local knowledge.
Key duties will include:
- Advertising property to potential tenants
- Sourcing suitable and reliable tenants for the property
- Accompanying potential tenants to view the property
- Obtaining references and conducting credit checks on potential tenants
- Providing information on the latest safety regulations
- Organising and managing the legal processes
- Overseeing the collection of the rent from the tenants
- Managing and arranging any necessary repairs
- Inspecting the property periodically and feeding back any comments to the directors
- Providing tenants with notice at the end of the tenancy
- Re-letting the property as quickly as possible and minimising any 'down-time'
- Dealing with legal aspects of the tenancy and property, including evictions, non-payment
- Supervising / working with the housing section
- Dealing with relevant certificates, electrical, gas, EPC’s etc.
- Working with the directors on construction projects from time to time.
Duties will vary, and you will be required to assist on all matters.
Key features of a candidate:
- Ideally Minimum 2 years Property Management experience
- Strong commercial lettings legislation knowledge
- IT skills in Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Articulate and nicely presented
- Team motivated
- Organised and punctual
- Dedicated and able to relate to all levels of people
- Level headed and a keen problem solver
- Front of house experience is desirable
You must have a full driving licence to be considered for this role, due to the travel requirements of the role, and be able to cover the out of hours phone on occasions.
This role is full time and permanent, our office hours are 8 am to 5 pm, between those hours the post is for 37.5 hours per week. It may be required occasionally to work at the weekend, however a day off in lieu will be given, to keep to a 5-day week.