Having recently acquired a new 3D CNC machine, Cockwells are expanding the scope of their CNC operations and as such are looking for a new member of the team. Whether you already have CNC and CAM experience or are new to this field but keen to train and develop a career in this specialism, we really want to hear from you.
The items produced by our CNC operators are mainly high-end bespoke components for motor launches and superyacht tenders therefore we are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail and the ability to see potential issues before they arise.
Your duties and responsibilities will include (or be developed to include):
- Being responsible for setting and operating machines to produce product with consistent results that is within specification and to acceptable levels of quality.
- Correctly read drawings, use measuring equipment to measure dimensions and to maintain high standards of workmanship.
- Correctly recording details of activities performed, stock control and production control
- Identify and highlight to supervision process faults, errors and non-conformities.
- Undertake assembly, packing, cleaning and all machining and operating duties in the plant as the need arises.
- Understanding the risks, control measures and safety devices for the equipment operated and surrounding areas.
- Maintaining consistent, satisfactory levels of housekeeping.
- Conforming with all health and safety standards, particularly in relation to wood working / processing machinery
- Perform simple machine cleaning and maintenance duties.
Experience and skills core to the role:
- Knowledge of CAD software (Rhino 3D and AlphaCAM)
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Knowledge of boatbuilding material properties
- Knowledge of the principles of wood machining
- Work conscientiously with great attention to detail.
- Take a proactive approach to supporting continuous improvements to processes and quality standards
- Work well within a team
- Be able to follow a plan even in a high-pressure environment