Ultrabeam Hydrographic are seeking a CAD Technician / 3D Modeller to work as part of their award winning new company based in the dedicated Marine Hub in Hayle. Due to a very successful first year Ultrabeam Hydrographic are now looking to recruit key individuals to fill primary posts within the expanding company and to work on a variety of projects including High Resolution Asset Survey and Inspection, Hydrographic and Geophysical Survey, Cable & Pipeline Survey and Inspection and UXO Survey.
Our CAD Technician / 3D Modeller will be responsible for working on a range of innovative projects and the post is open to applicants who have a hydrographic or land surveying background with experience of 2D and 3D CAD.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who ideally has experience in land or coastal survey and is now looking for a more office orientated role with responsibility for data processing and production of digital survey deliverables including responsibility for the following tasks:
- Processing surveys
- Cleaning and quality checking Point Cloud Data
- Laser Scanning experience.
- Production of Elevations, Sections and Topographical plans from survey data.
- Production of 3D Models from combined sonar and laser scan data.
- Good knowledge of Leica Cloudworx & Cyclone software.
- Commercial experience of using AutoCAD or Bentley Microstation is essential.
- Excellent mathematical and technical skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A-Levels or equivalent HND/HNC in relevant subjects
- Educated to degree level, a degree in a survey related discipline is an advantage
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and a desire to learn
- Willing to carry out additional tasks as we are a small multi-skilled company
- Confident to manage and field enquiries from clients
- Ability to carry out office administration duties
The successful candidate will become a valued member of our technical team and report directly to the Technical Director. This role will provide great opportunities for progression and learning a new skillsets. You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our products and work in an environment where you will be challenged but supported with in house training on Ultrabeam Hydrographic and developed processing tools. As a company we have high expectations and have won awards including Best Digital Innovation in Marine and expect applicants to have some experience of land and/or coastal surveying.