This is an exciting time at ShelterBox and as we grow, keeping our Procurement Department at peak performance is crucial to reaching our ambitious targets of sheltering more and more families each year.
The Buyer will be involved with the day to day running of the busy and dynamic Procurement department. It is expected that the individual will have procurement experience, and will be involved in a variety of tasks and projects across all organisational departments and aspects of Procurement.
Who are we looking for?
ShelterBox is seeking a bright, motivated and proactive individual with procurement experience and attention to detail and diligence at the forefront of their skills, who is comfortable with numbers and data.
We are looking for someone to fit into the dynamic and, oftentimes, demanding teams, who can balance multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
The individual should be confident with developing and maintaining relationships both internal with other departments and external with suppliers and partners.
Main role and responsibilities
Support proper stock and services acquisition through market discovery, supplier due diligence activities, tight contracting procedures, contract management, supplier performance monitoring, and document preparation and filing to ensure best value, efficiency, and accountability to donors and beneficiaries.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Regularly review and maintain appropriate procurement processes for the different buying categories ensuring compliance with ShelterBox’s processes
- Work with the Procurement Lead to identify procurement improvement priorities by analysing forecast spend, supply markets and specification options
- Contribute to the product design/specification process leading to formal technical, performance and supply specifications that can be used in tendering; it is expected that the individual will help with writing the final versions of those specifications and hold them on file
- Help to identify suitable new suppliers and conduct appropriate due diligence leading to a tender shortlist
- Tightly manage contracts with suppliers
- Conduct market research and analysis for different buying categories
- Conduct tender process where required
- Collate supplier responses, and help with the analysis of them
- Prepare formal contracts with suppliers
- Monitor and review supplier performance against orders and contractual agreements
- Ensure that the procurement administration is kept up to date and that all filing is in accordance with policy
- Support procurement related projects
- Represent ShelterBox as required
- Any other duties as required which are deemed appropriate to the level and grade of the post.