Using the business development tools provided you will ensure that the quantitative and qualitative targets of the Breakthrough 2 programme are met. You will work with new and existing businesses to help them to develop their growth plans, identify and organise any specialist support they may need and meet with them regularly to keep their plans moving forward.
Your role will involve engaging the clients with the programme which will deliver all the inspirational events, specialist workshops, practical planning and a suite of support tools they need to grow. When they are ready to take on new employees, you will support them through their recruitment.
You will also help to facilitate the delivery of a suite of business development tools aimed at supporting the improvement of their productivity, entry into export markets and access to finance to enable growth among others. You will also deliver and facilitate high quality engaging content to those businesses through our regular workshop programme.
Applicants must have:
- A relevant Degree or equivalent.
- Industry relevant business-to-business work experience at a management level
- An understanding of business management, growth and development particularly in relation to start up and growth in SMEs
- Understanding and experience of working with Start Up businesses
- Specialist or general experience of business support e.g. accessing finance, marketing, structures, strategy and planning
- Workshop delivery and facilitation for a business audience
- Understanding of the local business and commercial landscape
- Experience of establishing the support needs of a business
- Demonstration of success in goal-orientated project management
- Recruitment experience
- Partner and stakeholder management experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word / Excel/ Outlook / PowerPoint/Microsoft Dynamics / MS Teams and SharePoint