Nature of the role
This is a newly refocussed position, central to Cool Earth in supporting the Business Development team to strengthen, develop and establish business partnerships in line with the organisations fundraising goals.
Working closely alongside the Business Development team you will demonstrate your passion and commitment to the development of multi stakeholder partnerships, leveraging the growing number of businesses looking to effect positive environmental change through the support of our work.
This role would suit a current fundraiser or someone working in a target driven environment. Experience in relationship management, with excellent communication skills is a must and the ideal candidate will have aspirations to be an account manager or similar.
Fundraising and Communications
- Be the first point of contact for new business leads
- Assist with the stewardship and development of the existing business partnership portfolio and contribute to the delivery of planned fundraising targets
- Be proactive in developing new business partnerships by undertaking research, exploring all avenues for new business leads.
- Support the Business Development Manager in the development of the business ‘product mix’, developing fundraising programmes in line with industry best practice.
- Work with the Business Development Manager to identify and access income streams
- Setting up and supporting the delivery of regular targeted events with business partners at a national and local level
- In conjunction with the Business Development Manager, develop a script for approaching new business leads.
Fundraising and Communications
- Assist in the production of fundraising communications and promotional materials and contribute to the generation of content for use in engaging with businesses
- Write project updates and content and produce and send bespoke social media packs
- Manage the relationship with nominated partners and attend events, presenting to teams about Cool Earth
- Support the wider Fundraising and Communications Team to produce content for a variety of mediums (web, email, reports, social media)
- Supporting the Business Development Manager in setting up one to one meetings, receptions and event launches
- Maintain and update accurate records of business partnership fundraising and stewardship using our customer relationship management tool, CiviCRM
- Provide administration support to the Business Development Team
Any other tasks as required by the Fundraising and Communication team
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience gained in a sales, marketing or fundraising environment
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Experience of liaising with businesses, preferably in an account management capacity
- Good negotiation skills
- Proven ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Maintain positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction
- Confident and diplomatic communicator, both on the telephone and in person
- Excellent writing skills
- Highly developed IT skills using MS Office suite and social media/digital communication tools
- Ability to absorb new concepts and information quickly, and to act with initiative and imagination
- Passion and enthusiasm for Cool Earth’s ethos and aims
Desirable Skills and Abilities
- Previous sales and/or account management experience
- Previous events management experience
- Previous not for profit background
- Events management experience
- Experience of presenting
- Experience at using Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management systems and website CMS, especially WordPress
- Knowledge of Data Protection law