This is an exciting opportunity to initially assist with the setup of a new Cornwall based premises following relocation of the AMS Instrumentation and Control product ranges from our sales and engineering office in Somerset and workshop facility in Dorset.
Principle duties will include, but not be limited to, invoicing, credit control, updating company reports, purchasing tasks, other general administration tasks, assisting with the improvement of the business administration, updating company quality, H&S and environmental system documentation.
- Raising invoices and managing credit control
- Reconciling bank accounts and updating information in company cashflow reports
- Checking and submitting VAT Returns (produced by financial software)
- Managing manufacturing data
- Managing customer and supplier approvals
- Raising orders with suppliers
- Monitoring and where possible reducing expenditure
- Managing stationary, printing, cleaning and maintenance purchases
- Monitoring and updating maintenance and utilities bills and contracts
- Checking supplier invoices against purchase orders
- Entering and approving employee expenses
- Other general administration tasks such as goods in/out and dispatch
- Supporting social media development and leads generation when required
This role would be great for someone who is commercial aware so they have good understanding of company procedures and how they affect all areas of the business.
- Able to work on own, in a small team yet utilise a wide range of resource
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Able to build relationships, experience of working with suppliers
- High level of Computer literacy, experience of online/cloud accounting software would be preferable, Microsoft Office – Excel, Word. Adobe Acrobat, pdf creation.
- Ability to use or learn sales administration and finance software.
- Experience of finance processes and good numerical literacy
- An understanding of and the ability to complete administration tasks required to develop and maintain ISO9001 and ISO14001, OHSAS 18001 and Achilles approvals would be highly advantageous
- Excellent punctuality and conscientiousness is essential