With 1-2 years of experience in a similar role, the candidate must also hold a Diploma in Accounting with AAT Bookkeeping Status or another relevant degree. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, a great communicator, detail oriented, motivated, reliable, and overall a nice person to work with! The Cornwall team consists mostly of young graduates, in-house staff and freelancers, and it is important to us that the right candidate work well with our fairly small (6 people) but ever-expanding team.
The bookkeeper is based in Cornwall, but can expect to travel to London about once a month for meetings with the London team.
The Cornwall team recently moved office to Newquay and is now based in the colourful shared office space the HoHouse, located just up the road from Sainsbury’s.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and data entry for QuickBooks
- Scheduling and payment of all supplier invoices – approved by Head of Production
- Draft & despatch of all client invoices – checked by Head of Production
- Budget assistance and support for Head of Production
- Management & reconciliation of Beagle credit cards
- Management & reconciliation of London and Cornwall cash floats
- Management & reconciliation of shoot expense floats
- Liaison with Accountants for dual approval system to make payments on Coutts, production of monthly Management Accounts and monthly PAYE
- Liaison with Financial Advisor for cashflow management
- Staff/office management in Cornwall including scheduling of interviews with prospective staff/ interns