Who we are:
Currency Solutions is a foreign exchange and risk management company based in central London with office space in the South West of the country also. We were founded in 2003 and we are now one of the UK’s leading FX firms. We currently trade with over 30,000 customers assisting in multi-million pound transactions and due to the businesses continued success and growth we are currently expanding our software development team.
About The Role:
- Due to rapid expansion, with an ambitious and exciting roadmap ahead, we are looking for a creative and experienced Back-End Developer to help us with existing and new projects.
- You will be working on our new and shiny microservices stack built with Golang and running across several Docker Swarm clusters.
- You will help us to transform our legacy PHP products. They served us for several years so we're continuously changing them to fit into the modern world.
- You will be involved in our marketing projects looking to improve our website, analytics and customers communications as well as internal systems and tools.
- We're very practical about DevOps culture and we expect you to share the approach to design, build, test, deploy, document, define metrics and monitor your software end-to-end.
Experience, skills and Tech-Stack required:
- Programming languages: Golang or PHP or C language - proven and demonstrable experience.
- Databases: MySQL, understanding database indexes is required.
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming (OOP). Design Patterns understanding is required.
- Experience with AWS, Docker is required.
- Understanding Application Layer architecture.
- Unit Testing, Integrations Testing. Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) experience.