Due to a consistently expanding to do pile, Differnet Digital are looking for a back-end developer to join our small team to help us create bespoke websites and custom plugins for our range of lovely clients.
At a minimum we’d expect detailed knowledge of PHP and MySQL as well as some half way decent knowledge of jQuery.
We wouldn’t expect you to know WordPress inside and out (but it’d help), but because WordPress is all we work with, you’d need to show a willingness to learn and experiment.
The ideal candidate will be keen to build on their current skills by developing custom plugins and working with a technically led team that enjoys a WordPress challenge.
We’re happy to consider anyone for the role, as long as they can demonstrate some of the above (that includes the shy graduates and the career changers).
The candidate should have
- Back end experience in PHP and MySQL and an interest to expand on those skills
- A logical approach to problem solving
- The ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people
- Experience of working on your own initiative
It would be great if you also had these things
- Degree level qualification in web development, computer science, multimedia or similar
- Knowledge and experience of WordPress and WooCommerce
- Experience with React
- A good understanding of web standards, online accessibility and browser/platform compatibility
- Some skills with web server management
- A search history filled with searches for “do x WordPress without plugin”