Graduate Opportunity – Assistant Production Manager
H F Produce Ltd supplies washed, peeled and prepared vegetables to a range of outlets from large manufacturing bakeries through to small local food producers. At the core of our business is the Cornish pasty industry where we supply the key ingredients to well known names as well as smaller artisan producers. In addition to our central range, the business is an important key supplier of prepared vegetables into the South West food service industry.
Our vegetables are sourced from our sister farming company with whom the business works closely as well as several other growers to whom we are closely aligned.
Situated on farm in beautiful South East Cornwall with Plymouth close by, our location provides opportunity for a good work life balance.
Due to growth within the business, we are seeking an enthusiastic and well organised graduate to join our management team.
Initially supporting the Sales and Production Manager, it is anticipated that the successful applicant will take greater responsibility over time for the completion of our customers’ orders. Working in a fast-paced environment the role will be to ensure timely and cost-effective production through good planning and staff management.
Key attributes for the successful applicant will include the following.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment to ensure our customers’ needs are always met.
- A good understanding of vegetable production, its seasonality and storage requirements.
- A willingness over time to take on the day-to-day management of a team of approximately 30 staff.
- The aptitude to understand basic food processing machinery, its maintenance and cleaning requirements.
- A confident ‘can do’ attitude to life combined with the ability to lead and inspire a small, committed team.
- An appreciation of the technical and compliance needs of a vegetable processing business.
- Communication skills to be effective when talking to everyone from customers, suppliers, members of the management team and production staff.
- A qualification in Agri-Food/Business/Agri-Business/Agriculture.
- Some experience of people management.
- Relevant work experience either pre or post-graduation.
This is a permanent, full time role working Monday to Friday from 6.45am until 5pm and every third Sunday. Some flexibility is required to meet customer requirements.