At the heart of everything we do, quality is paramount, and this includes adhering to the structure and procedures to maintaining consistency of quality, best practice around fishing methods, and the supply chain from start to finish.
We are looking for a person to join the team that has good interpersonal skills and Health and Safety and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) within a fresh food distribution environment. It would be great if you have an understanding of the various fishing methods, along with the ability to identify fish species, although for the right candidate our training will cover this.
A typical day in this new role could involve any of the following:
- Buying goods from the various fish markets and existing suppliers
- Assisting the Fish Buying Manager in the sourcing of new suppliers
- Site visits to suppliers
- Monitoring of stock
- Reviewing our customers’ menus
- Reviewing weather and tide patterns to ensure demand is met.
The skills you would need to have:
- Degree level qualification
- Experience of working within the food industry would be an advantage
- Knowledge around Health and Safety practices, and HACCP requirements
Attributes we always look for with our crew:
- Good communication skills
- IT literate
- Methodical approach to clerical work, and to be able to simultaneously assist with any issues such as customer complaints
- Good written English
- Enthusiastic attitude, and ability to work in harmony with team members
- To be a ‘morning person’ who is able to make good decisions before many have had their cornflakes!