An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Applications Support Analyst to join our expanding company, to assist the Head of IT and Applications in providing improved management of data and systems, to ensure the smooth running of the business processes. A key part of the IT application landscape is SAP Business One (SAP B1) providing the Enterprise Resource Planning for the business operations.
This role provides day to day support for users of ICE business systems, helping to ensure that services that underpin the business processes within the company are available as needed globally. You will be part of a team supporting SAP B1(ERP), CRM, HR, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more. A large percentage of the role will concentrate on supporting and improving our SAP Business One ERP system, with day-to-day SAP functional support issues, SQL queries/reporting and improvement projects across the company, whilst maximising the benefits the business can gain from fully utilising its functionality and features across the organisation.
The ideal candidate will have experience of using SAP B1, alternatively a proven background and experience of working with, and developing, another large ERP system would be essential. You will be required to provide operational support, maintenance, as well as contribute to improvement projects, based on user requirements.
You will have an in-depth expertise of SQL, as well as VBA and a clear understanding of Crystal reports; with the ability to write clear, succinct work instructions, technical notes, user guides, on-line help to support all ICE systems. You will have good working knowledge of Microsoft applications and tools, and have a passion for outstanding customer support, being an excellent communicator, analytical and thorough with good attention to detail. You will be organised with excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure; along with having a natural curiosity for IT and applications.
- Provide support for the business SAP B1 - ERP System to advise, resolve issues and implement efficient and effective solutions for users.
- Maintain and develop SAP B1 - ERP system to gain the most value and use of the system; and deliver IT improvement projects delegated by the Head of IT and Applications.
- Contribute to the review of processes using the ERP and IT systems to improve utilisation, highlighting gaps between ICE’s current business processes and their SAP B1 configuration and integrated bespoke software (Web Shop, Configurator and Production Schedule)
- Deliver requirements for the data analysis and data quality improvement projects to ensure the standard and value of information stored in the main ERP system.
- Ensure system changes on core business systems are reviewed, tested and implemented to meet the needs of the business and to adhere to procedures and policies adopted by the organisation.
- Creation and maintenance of customised screens, dashboards, and reports for an improved user experience for users of SAP B1.
- Training Staff to use SAP B1 and other applications implemented by the company.
- Maintaining close working relationships with ICE Staff across all departments.
The above is not an exhaustive list and other duties and responsibilities may be included in the role as the business develops over time.
Attributes & Qualities
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication, collaboration and team working.
- Technical IT knowledge combined with experience in a business environment.
- Good analytical and planning skills, with demonstrable experience in Microsoft Office and other business applications.
- Highly motivated with a proactive can-do attitude and passionate about helping people.
- Work well under pressure, organised, and has good time management to meet deadlines in a timely manner. Perform time management and scheduling functions, meet deadlines in accordance with business priorities.
- Able to follow process and procedure to ensure efficiency in working.
- Ability to problem solve and pay attention to detail, providing the most efficient and effective solution.
- Strong understanding and proven track record of maintain and developing ERP systems (preferably SAP Business One)
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL is essential as is the ability to run queries on SAP B1 (ERP) system and experience of running on MS-SQL databases.
- Experience of Crystal report writing, or similar, and ERP (SAP B1) integration.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Basic.
- Experience of providing technical support via a support desk environment to end user including training across various applications.
- Experience of implementation, configuration, and upgrading business applications.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as SharePoint and Teams applications.
- Understanding and expertise of SAP Business One
- Experience of customisation of ERP (SAP B1) screen, dashboard design and implementation.
- Familiarity with SAP tooling & methodologies as well as understanding and interest in Boyum B1UP, BPA and other integrations.
- Experience in warehousing/stock management of ERP system.
- Experience of financial and purchasing modules of ERP system.
- Good understanding of Accounting Principles
Knowledge, Skills Education
- Degree level qualification in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
The company is committed to training and supporting employees. Employees will receive training for all areas included in their job description to ensure that they are capable, and feel confident, of performing both main and secondary responsibilities. In addition, it is the employee’s responsibility to alert the Directors and colleagues to areas where they feel they require more training or need the support of another member of the team, to undertake a specific task that may be new, or more challenging, for them.