We are looking for an experienced Administrator who is confident in working in a busy office environment, dealing with multiple stakeholders to plan and complete tasks within given timescales.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be in a unique position of working across departments from Communications and Fundraising to Data Management, Finance and the management team.
This role can be worked flexibly over 4 or 5 days up to 25 hours per week
No agencies please.
Closing Date: 29th October 2018
Communications and Fundraising
- Be the first point of contact on the telephone
- Manage all email communications in the general inbox
- Process customer on-line orders, posting out orders as requested
- Maintain fundraising materials stocks and order supplies as required
- Support the Fundraising team in managing business partnerships, including writing letters and putting together information packs
- Be responsible for any special partnerships such as the Adventurists Project, processing orders, checking stocks, updating spreadsheets and responding to queries.
Finance and Data Management
- Keep bank reconciliations up to date, upload any supporting documents into the accounts system
- Manage queries received on the phone, by post and in the shared finance inbox
- Process and reconcile any incoming purchase invoices ready for payment
- Manage staff expenses claims and petty cash
- Be responsible for ordering stationary and office equipment, researching the market to ensure best value
- Administer the relevant fundraising platforms such as Just Giving and Virgin Money Giving and assign event codes as required
- Become familiar with all our revenue streams, such as donations on online platforms, and reconcile donations onto our CRM system.
- Work with the Data & Insight manager to Import and export data to and from various CRM systems while ensuring accuracy and integrity of the data. Perform dedupping of contacts in CiviCRM and other systems as required.
The Management Team
- Coordinate meetings and events, including preparation and circulation of agenda, reading materials and minutes
- Schedule and book travel for UK and international meetings
- Provide research and administrative support for the Director
- Draft correspondence and other communications, often to high-level recipients and of a complex and sensitive nature
- Support the Director in researching and preparing information for presentations, media interviews etc.
Any other general administration tasks as required
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Good standard of education with a high level of competency with the MS Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Suite, experience of using social media / digital communication tools and experience of using data bases
- Excellent organisation and administration skills with the ability to plan and prioritise work for self and others
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and diplomatically, verbally and in writing
- Positive work ethic with a ‘can do ‘attitude
- Ability to remain focused and calm under pressure
- Experience in handling financial, personal and confidential information with discretion
- Confident communicator with a strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian and environmental principles of Cool Earth.
Desirable Skills and Abilities
- Experience or working in charities or an understanding of the charity and NGO sector
- Knowledge of CRM systems and website CMS
- Understanding of General Data Protection Regulations