This position would be ideal if you are a person who: Is passionate about the environment, enjoys working with people, uses initiative, is detail conscious, has a friendly and confident manner, is able to work without direct supervision, is able to clearly present information and has excellent communication skills.
- Act as the first point of contact on the phone and general email - provide direct support to customers and refer to other team members or take messages as appropriate.
- Monitoring customer direct communication channels to provide support and answer customer queries. When needed prioritising queries and referring them on to an appropriate team member if necessary.
- Manage customer concerns. Where necessary and appropriate you will escalate to appropriate team member.
- Ensure office equipment and facilities (e.g. printers, photocopier) are maintained and kept clean and tidy.
- Accurately recording information and data into bespoke databases and using document management systems to input, access and retrieve information.
- Provide accounting support including scanning and sending receipts, invoice coping and making payments to suppliers.
- Process and despatch online web based orders taking responsibility for prioritising them and seeing them through to completion.
- Process refunds and returns.
- Highlight to the Operations Manager if certain products are not in stock and need making to complete your orders.
- Alongside the Sales and Marketing Officer, assist with updating and reviewing product listings on partner sales platforms (Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, Not on the High Street).
- Updating and maintaining order management software and, as and when additional support is needed, work with the sales and marketing team to maintain customer relationships management tracking systems.
- As part of your development within the role you will be expected to gain a good foundation of knowledge and understanding of office management, stock management and procurement processes for small businesses.
- To undertake Ad Hoc project work and carry out any other duties to meet administration and operational needs.
The Ideal Candidate: we are looking for someone who jumps at the chance to lend a hand and wants to contribute to a very diverse range of business and administrative functions. You can demonstrate that you:
- Are passionate about the environment.
- Have sound inter -personal skills and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Are detail conscious with strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Ensure consistent delivery of the role and adopt a “can do” approach.
- Have well developed skills in Microsoft Office package.
- Possess a good basic understanding of IT, able to support first line IT queries.
- Can adapt quickly to change.
- Have effective time management skills and ability to work constructively prioritising workload when under pressure (and reprioritise when necessary).
- Take a flexible approach to changing deadlines.
- Must respect confidentiality at all times
Desirable but not essential you may have:
- Experience of working with Unleashed or similar.
- Experience of stock management systems.
- Experience of online sales platform listings management and optimisation.
- Minimum level of education required 5 GCSE (A-C) or equivalent.
- Education at degree level would be desirable but not essential
One year of working in an office or demonstrable skills from part time employment, working experience, student placement and / or volunteering.