The successful candidate will be numerate and will have a methodical approach to their work. They will possess strong Excel skills and have experience working with Sage / Xero or similar accounting software packages.
Responsibilities will include maintaining the general ledger system, maintain and complete files and records as needed, assist with accounts payable and receivable duties, and provide general support to the accounting department. Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and strong attention to detail.
The successful candidate will ideally be AAT qualified and will have at least two years’ experience of working in an accounts department.
Primary Job Objectives
- Purchase invoice checking, authorising and processing
- Procurement and purchase ledger support
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and subcontractors
- Credit Control & Statement reconciliation
- General processing of accounts information
What we will be looking for in you:
With your exceptional communication skills, positive attitude and your passion for working within a team, you will be committed to delivering excellence. You will have the ability to implement change and drive improvements whilst working as part of a well-established team.
Key Skills Required
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience in Sage or a similar accounting package
- HNC or above is preferred although relevant experience will also be considered
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Knowledge of integrated accounting software
- Must work well with little supervision individually and in a team environment
- A flexible, motivated approach and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills with interpersonal style
- Methodical work ethic
- Team player
- Analytical and thorough with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to present information effectively and clearly
Carry out any other reasonable tasks that the management team may require from time to time.
To ensure that all of these tasks are carried out with due regard to Microcomms Professional Services Ltd’s quality procedures, any applicable Health and Safety regulations and current company law e.g. the Data Protection Act, and Inland Revenue requirements.
The role benefits the Customer, Colleague, Community and Company by:
Ensuring the best customer experience with a well-managed, professional and polite accounts department
Making life easier for our colleagues by aligning responsibilities and managing expectation
Building advocates within our existing and new client base
Assisting in the future prosperity of the business