At Radix Communications, a B2B technology copywriting agency, we create content for some of the world’s brightest tech brands.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Client Services, you’ll be responsible for developing positive, long-term relationships with a portfolio of business-to-business marketers. It’ll be your job to provide a responsive service that adds value to their marketing. You’ll handle the scheduling and project management for every writing project that comes in from your clients, as well as looking for opportunities to build on existing relationships.
The role will require you to:
- Manage a portfolio of clients – a mix of marketing agencies and technology brands
- Take a genuine interest in your client’s business and marketing objectives
- Advocate for your clients, to ensure Radix is helping them to achieve their objectives
- Work closely with the writers to quote for projects, propose schemes of work, and agree the best writing team
- Negotiate costs and delivery schedules with the client
- Be responsible for timely, on-budget project delivery
- Attend client calls and meetings to build relationships and stay abreast of the work
- Co-operate closely with the other account managers to meet deadlines for all clients, by ensuring work is booked in efficiently
- Keep an up-to-date forecast of your clients’ likely business value
- Proactively pursue new opportunities with existing clients
- Maintain our project management system (Proworkflow) and scheduling system (Outlook Calendar) with all project activity for your clients
Very few of our clients are on our doorstep. The job will sometimes require you to attend client meetings, usually in London, which can involve some pretty early starts and long train/car journeys.
Who you are
You’re someone who is dedicated to building and maintaining good client relationships. You’re driven and self-motivated, professional and unflappable under pressure. You’re a multi-tasker who takes pride in delivering excellent service to your internal team and external clients.
You’re a strong communicator, confident talking to clients at all levels of seniority. You understand that it takes a team to deliver results for your clients, and you have the drive to coordinate that effort.
Your skills and experience
Ideally, you’re someone with significant experience in an account management or project management role in a busy creative or marketing agency. If this isn’t you, but you do have extensive client-facing experience in a high-pressure business environment, we’re keen to hear from you.
You don’t need copywriting skills or a deep knowledge of the IT industry or enterprise technology to excel in this role, but a genuine interest in the written word, or business and technology would be a definite advantage.