You’ll be responsible for developing positive, long-term relationships with a portfolio of clients, working with the Radix team to ensure each client’s copywriting needs are met promptly, professionally and to a high standard of quality.
Reporting to a Senior Account Manager, you’ll handle the scheduling and project management for every writing project that comes in from your clients, as well as looking for opportunities to build further on existing client relationships.
In the course of a typical day you will:
- Act as first point of contact for clients requesting writing work
- Advise clients on our availability to undertake writing projects
- Work with the Head of Copy to determine the right writer or team for each project
- Work with the writing team to draw up quotes for new projects
- Agree costs and delivery schedules with the client (including pushback and renegotiations on both costs and delivery schedules when necessary)
- Schedule or reschedule the work in the writing team’s diaries
- Work with other account managers to ensure work is booked in efficiently to meet deadlines
- Attend client calls/meetings to build relationships and stay abreast with work required
- Actively pursue new opportunities with existing clients
- Keep on top of the writing team to ensure timely delivery of the work
- Provide regular updates to clients on the status and progress of projects
- Keep our project management system (Proworkflow) and scheduling system (Outlook Calendar) up to date with all project activity for your clients
- Attend weekly account management meetings
Very few of our clients are located on our doorstep. The job will sometimes require you to attend client meetings, usually in London and the Thames Valley, which can involve some pretty early starts and long train/car journeys.
Who you are
You are someone who enjoys building and maintaining good client relationships. You’re driven and self-motivated, unflappable under pressure and enjoy working at a fast pace. You’re a multi-tasker who takes pride in delivering a great service to your internal team and external clients.
You’re happy talking to clients at all levels of seniority, and have the confidence to push back and negotiate deadlines with clients when things get busy.
Your skills and experience
Ideally, you’re someone with experience in an account management or project management role in a busy creative or marketing agency. If this isn’t you, but you do have extensive client-facing experience in a high-pressure business environment, we’re keen to hear from you.
You don’t need copywriting skills or a deep knowledge of the IT industry or enterprise technology to excel in this role, but a genuine interest in the written word, or business and technology would be a definite advantage.
As our client base is international, taking in many nationalities, experience of overseas travel or working with people from different countries and cultures would be another advantage.
This is a full-time role, 37.5 hours per week, 9am-5.30pm Monday-Friday. The role will require national (and potentially international) travel at times, depending on client needs. The role is primarily office-based but Radix also supports flexible and remote working wherever possible.
Salary and Benefits
£25,000 plus quarterly profit-share bonus; 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays and Christmas closing (typically two weeks over the Christmas and New Year period, depending on how the dates fall); pension; private health cover; and the opportunity to take a three-month sabbatical on half pay after five years’ continuous service.